Caledor - Gav Thorpe The final book of the series. I have to say I was expecting a lot out of this one. I mean, this is the story where Thorpe gets to resurrect our villian Malekith, turn Prince Imrik into the mighty Caledor, fight a civil war, and then finish it off with the Sundering. Perhaps my expectations were too high, because after I read this one I was disappointed.

Now before anyone gets annoyed, I want to make clear that I still enjoyed this book. The action was just as gripping; the self-righteous evilness of Malekith both repulsive and compelling; and the appearance of all the heroes of both sides always tacfully written. But the ending - the most climatic moment of the whole series - just didn't have that wow factor that I was hoping for. Honestly, as I read those last few chapters, my thought was more along the lines of "That is it?" rather than "THAT IS IT!" And that disappointed me, because Thorpe's trilogy turned me into a Warhammer fan, and I desperately wanted to love this book.

However, with all that being said, this is still a good book and deserves a place on all fantasy readers "to read" list.